Motivations to Visit
- Mukteshwar (7500+ ft asl) is a Himalayan Hamlet at about 47 kms from Nainital and is now a popular ex-Delhi (350 kms) getaway.
- Mukteshwar is known for its Himalayan views (Oct-Mar), bird watching and walks.
- It is also visited for the Mukteshwar Mahadev temple (Lord Shiva Temple).
- Mukteshwar are visited all round the year for its cut off and idyllic charm.
- Mukteshwar is home to number of charming heritage type homestay like stay options around that are recommended for “do-nothing” or “read a book” kind of holidays.
It snows in Mukteshwar in Winter.
- Bird watching Destinations in Kumaon region in Uttarakhand: “Mukteshwar is a hillside hamlet and a popular ex-Delhi getaway. Area around Muketshwar is home to more than 130 species and therefore offers excellent bird watching. The area is excellent for wooded walks, treks and an overall nature centric experience. “
- Himalayan Hamlets in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand: “Just 50+ kms from Nainital (25+ kms ahead of Ramgarh), Mukteshwar (7000+ ft asl) is surrounded by reserve forests, Orchards and offers excellent Himalayan views in Winter (Oct – March). Mukteshwar is a popular ex-Delhi getaway for off-beat travellers and one recommended for bird watchers and guests looking for a quiet time. “
- Closest Airport -Pantnagar (90 kms), Pithoragarh (150 kms), Ghaziabad (303 kms)
- Closest Railway Station – Haldwani (64 kms), Kathgodam (70 kms), Rudrapur (93 kms)
- Mukteshwar is an Ex-Noida / Ex-Dehradun / Ex-New Delhi / Ex-Faridabad / Ex-Gurgaon / Ex-Agra / Ex-Lucknow / Ex-Kanpur Getaway